23 May – 1 June 2018
- Experience the energy of sacred sites and landscapes by following in the footsteps of Merlin, Morgan La Fey and King Arthur.
- Listen for whispered messages Merlin’s Cave at Tintagel, at Stonehenge, on the ancient Isle of Avalon (Glastonbury) and at Avebury.
- On the giant hill fort of Cadbury/Camelot, imagine standing under the light of the full moon, waiting to hear the thunder of hooves as Arthur’s knights ride forth on their next adventure.
- Take part in a Druid dawn ceremony inside the circle of the prehistoric temple of Stonehenge.
- Call in the spirit of Pamela Colman-Smith in rituals in stone circles in her beloved Cornwall. Sense how she felt as she created the iconic images in the Waite-Smith deck and open to messages she may have for us today.
- Through Tarot readings in sacred sites, gain insight into your own spiritual journey…readings whose messages will continue to unfold for years to come.
- Deepen your understanding of Tarot in workshops with world-renowned Tarot author and teacher, Mary K. Greer.
Note: This tour was sold out in 2017, so book early to avoid disappointment.
On this journey you will be travelling with:
Mary K. Greer
With more than ten books and 48 years experience in Tarot, Mary K. Greer pioneered many of the Tarot reading methods used today, including reading Tarot for yourself and methods that are interactive, transformational and empowering. She has a deep knowledge of the origins of the Waite-Smith deck and a particular interest in ‘Pixie’, the artist, Pamela Colman-Smith who lived for 30 years in Cornwall.
Mary has travelled to many sacred sites around the world and developed ways of communing with the land and sacred places. As part of the ritual in Stonehenge during the 2017 tour, everyone moved slowly around the circle to find their power spot. There each person drew a Tarot card to channel a message which they shared during the ritual. For more on what Mary calls Traveling with Sacred Intention, click here to read a blog post where she outlines a few of her favourite methods. ‘Your intention may be to gain knowledge about nature, the land or the place.’ she says. ‘Or you may be on a quest for personal insight.’
Professional Tarot reader, teacher and founder of Global Spiritual Studies, likens the Tarot to a GPS, one that helps you navigate your way through life. On the tour, she facilitates a process for exploring the link between our inner and outer journeys and for tuning into the messages sacred sites and landscapes have for us. She believes readings we do on the tour will shine a light on what sustains us spiritually and how we connect with it.
Director of Gothic Image Tours, Jamie George, has been taking spiritual pilgrims on tours for over 30 years. “It’s been an honour to journey with so many interesting and inspiring people, helping them tune in to the history, mystery and magic of ancient sacred places, where every site has a story to tell. I imagine myself coming there for the first time, and if you put yourself in that position, all kinds of things can open up. For me, it’s a dance between memory and revelation. Some of the most memorable times are those when we’re just having fun. You find yourself laughing and joking because you’re opening up, you’re becoming much more at one with yourself and the land.”
Key sites on our journey include:
- Avebury and West Kennet long barrow
- Glastonbury and surrounding area – Chalice Well, the Tor, Glastonbury Abbey, Cadbury/Camelot
- Tintagel and surrounding area – Tintagel Castle, Merlin’s Cave, St Nectan’s Glen
- Boscastle – Museum of Witchcraft and Magic
- South Cornwall – Boscowen-un stone circle, Merry Maidens stone circle, holy wells of Madron and Sancreed.
Click here to download a detailed itinerary. You can register online here or complete the registration form on the last page of the itinerary and send it to Gothic Image Tours. Please email Jamie George (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about the tour.
Earlybird: £2,300 per person, twin share (no longer available – closing date was 8 December 2017)
Full price (from 9 December 2017)
£2,400 per person, twin share
Single supplement: £350 per person. Single rooms are few and on a first come first served basis.
Deposit: £500, payable upon booking
Special offer: £4,600 per person, twin share for two tours – Tarot Magic in Merlin’s Britain and Tarot Magic in Sacred Scotland. This special offer of £100 off the full price of each tour is valid until 13 April 2018, and only for a twin share booking. If you are not registering with a friend or partner, we can help you find a kindred spirit room mate.
Payment options: Payment is in UK pounds sterling only. This can be done online through PayPal using a debit or credit card (with OR without a PayPal account). A direct link to PayPal is provided at the bottom of the registration page.
Currency converter at http://www.xe.com/.
Price includes: Not included: