25 October – 5 November 2017
Are you interested in seeing Israel for yourself, rather than accepting what you see and hear in the media? If so, this tour is for you. In 2016, Frances Howard-Gordon, co-owner of Gothic Image Bookshop, Publishing and Tours, travelled to Israel because she wanted to find out for herself what the country was like.
‘It was a wonderful surprise to see how beautiful the country is, how cultured, attractive and friendly the people are and how so many nations with different religions live side by side in such a small land,’ says Frances. ‘There are so many things we don’t know about Israel. It is a revelation.’
Frances and partner Jamie George have been in the travel business for over thirty five years. ‘As a Russian speaker, I have had the pleasure of taking many small groups all over Russia, Siberia and the Caucasus,’ says Frances. ‘Each journey has been an unforgettable adventure. I am looking forward to sharing this Israeli adventure with you.’
‘With our English-speaking guide, we travel with our own bus to the most beautiful sites of historical and religious importance in the Holy Land as well as nature reserves, hills and mountains. We will have picnics in the landscape and dinners at restaurants where the cuisine is highly recommended.’
Highlights of the tour include:
- The ancient city of Jerusalem, including the Holy Sepulchre, the Western Wall, the Dome of the Rock, the Mount of Olives and Yad Vashem, the memorial to the victims of the Holocaust
- The Dead Sea with its healing mineral salts
- The Sea of Galilee where we stay three nights in the kibbutz village of Ginosar
- Hula Nature Reserve
- Golan Heights and Mount Hermon
- Tel Aviv, known for its architecture as the White City, where we experience modern Israel.
Click here to download more information about the tour.
Cost £3,050 per person, twin share
Single supplement: £300 for a double-bedded room
Deposit: £500, payable by 31 May to secure your place on the tour.
Currency converter at http://www.xe.com/.
- return flight from London Heathrow airport
- excellent quality accommodation
- English-speaking guide
- entrance fees
- all meals except lunches.
- travel insurance and cancellation cover
- tips for the coach driver and guide
- services and meals not specified.
Register your interest in joining this tour by completing the form below.
Only Gt Britain pounds sterling are accepted. We cannot accept credit cards. International money transfers are payable in GBP to:
Name of account: HowardRussia
Bank name: HSBC
Bank sort code: 40-22-07
Bank account number: 91368265